Fairy Tale Friday Features:
- Little Red Cap (aka Little Red Riding Hood)
- A New Modern Tale: Rapunzel's Revenge & Calamity Jack by Shannon and Dean Hale
- The Butterfly
- One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes
- The Three Bears
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- The Philosopher's Stone
- The Twelve Brothers
The Stand Read-A-Long Check-Ins:
Armchair BEA Specials:
- Literary Locals: May 2010 (A Conversation with Elie Wiesel)
- Catch-Up: Awards
- Catch-Up: List of Books
- The Prize Box
- Guest Post: The Evolution of an Author by Anna L. Walls
- The Book Chook Cook Book & Cooking With Kids!
Giveaways: 3 Years, 3 Giveways (closing tonight at midnight CST)
Around the Blogosphere:
- If you have not yet visited the new kidlit blog, Spotlights, I highly recommend you do so! Rebecca of Lost in Books is the brilliant mind behind this new site. One of my favorite posts was Culturally Diverse Books . . . a must read!
- Kristen at We Be Reading does an awesome activity with her son . . . a reading calendar! I love seeing the progress the two of them make and have started a version of my own with my oldest!!
- Over at Booklights, PBS Parents Literacy Blog, an article was written about being a model to your children. Are you a model for your's?
- Imagination Soup, one of my newest fave kidlit blogs, has a special post on her Top Seven and 1/2 Summer Books for Kids Three and Up. Be sure to check out these awesome lists before you sign up for all those summer reading programs!
- Another great from Booklights . . . Bookworm Basics: Once Upon The Time - The Magic of Fairy Tales. If you are like me and enjoy fairy tales, you will want to check this one out . . . and, especially if you are a participant in my Fairy Tale Friday feature!!
- The Book Chook featured The PBSKids Reading Calendar a couple of weeks ago. I really need to bookmark this one myself because it is one I need to refer to again and again!
Coming This Week:
- Literary Locals: June 2010
- Prize Box Updated & Giveaway Winners Announced!
- Armchair BEA: Wrap-Up Post & Personal Highlights
- The Stand Read-A-Long: The True Wrap-Up
- Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- Fairy Tale Fridays: Strega Nona
- Sunday Synopsis: June 6, 2010
Monthly Challenge Check-In
- Take Another Chance Challenge (0 of 6)
- 2010 Audiobook Challenge (4 of 20)
- 451 Challenge (1 of 4)
- 2010 Young Readers Challenge (7 of 12)
- 2010 A to Z Reading Challenge (7 of 26)
- 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge (7 of 50)
- 2010 100+ Reading Challenge (20 of 100)
- Flashback Challenge (2 of 7)
- James Patterson Reading Challenge (0 of 10)
- The Stephen King/Richard Bachman Reading Challenge
- Harry Potter Reading Challenge (1 of 7)
Wow...you've been very, very busy! I like how organized you are.ReplyDelete
I like this idea. I thought I was signed up to do Sunday Salon, but apparently I wasn't. Now that they've closed that down, I've wondered about wrapping up my week. This looks like a good way of bringing it all together, and it also shows how completely busy you've been! :)ReplyDelete
Peaceful Reader . . . LOL!! You know, I like to think I'm organized, but then again . . . I posted this on Monday and not Sunday! Maybe not so much as I would like!! :)ReplyDelete
mjmbecky . . . It helps me to realize what I've done (or what I haven't done!). It can be a great motivator!! :)