There were a number of books that impacted me in 2013. I have broken them up into a number of different categories.
RE-READS THAT ONLY GOT BETTER
The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen KingI had previously read this book probably about two decades ago. This time around, I listened to the book on audio, and connections were made that I was unable to make the first time around. When the book ended, I had such a powerful AHA moment that I was almost knocked off my feet. (Review coming in the near future!)
Fables: The Graphic Novel Series by Bill WillinghamI caught up on this long series and adored every volume (though the volume pictured is the one that stands out the most for me). It didn't make my favorites list, but it is definitely still a series worth mentioning as a treasure in 2013!
These books did not make my favorites list, but they were still outstanding reads that I could not leave out of this list of treasures. You can click the titles for review links.
FAVORITE READS OF THE YEAR
And, finally, my favorite reads of the year!! I could not decide which one was the best between these two because they both impacted me in different, but very powerful ways. I cannot rave enough about these books, and if you have not yet read them, I recommend you make them a priority in 2014! (Reviews are linked up for more information.)
The treasured posts can actually be broken down into two different categories. Let's start with the posts that received the most hits according to my Google stats tracker.
- Monday Maunder: August 19, 2013
- Monday Maunder: July 15, 2013 (On The Road Edition)
- Guest Article: Controversial Children's Books by Maria L Hughes
Even though these posts seemed to gather the most visits, I also like to take a look at those that actually generated the most discussion. Here are the posts that have the greatest amount of comments . . .
I also wanted to share my most liked pictures from Instagram. Please note that all pictures are taken and edited with my smartphone. I do not consider these to be high quality, but rather for candid enjoyment.
|The Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree|
|Kicking Off The Doctor Sleep Read-along|
|The Book House At My Local Library|
Last, but not least, I thought I would also share the top three personal highlights of my year, this time in no particular order . . .
- Moving yet AGAIN! This latest move was #3 since the birth of this blog in 2007, resulting in Tif Talks Books being written from my home in 3 different states!
- ROAD TRIP!! I took a 27 day road trip with my kids this last summer, landing in a total of 6 different states and traveling more than 4000 miles.
- SELLING our house! This was a bitter sweet moment because I loved my old home, but it also was a huge weight off my shoulders last month when we finally signed those closing papers!
Whew! Though 2013 brought us some difficult and challenging times, it also was quite a year, filled with lots of treasures!
What were some of your favorites, tops, and treasures of 2013? Did you write a year-end wrap-up post that you would like to share here?