This past week, I shared a whole week of Harry Potter, with reviews and yummy wizarding recipes for your pleasure. In case you have not seen the entire series, I have listed them for you below:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, featuring recipes for Butterbeer and Wandsicles!
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, featuring yummy Dragon Snot!
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, featuring Acid Pops!
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, featuring Cockroach Clusters!
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, featuring Cauldron Cakes!
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, featuring Celestial Tortilla Chips!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, featuring the Crystal Cheese Ball!
Let's be serious, I still have Harry Potter on the brain and I'm going to for at least a few more days. In fact, I've got a fun little Harry Potter meme that I'm posting tomorrow that I'm hoping you will join in for. Other than that, who knows what else you will see here this week! I've got lots to post about, but right now I'm just stuck at Hogwarts!
Did you get to see the movie this weekend? What did you think?
I absolutely loved the movie and have decided not to compare it to the book at all. But, like you, I was a bit overwhelmed so, yes, I'm going to see it a second time next week (this time at the 3D IMAX, which should be interesting!). This might be the only time I've ever seen a film more than once at the theater but I definitely want to absorb it all on the big screen.ReplyDelete
Kristen M. ... I so want to hear what you think about the 3D IMAX! I have yet to see a movie in 3D, but this could be one I would consider!!ReplyDelete
I actually enjoyed the final movie, even though I didn't like the book - but they got rid of those major irritations from the book, such as Harry using a Cruciatus curse (WT....!), and filmed the epilogue as a way of getting back to the innocence of the original book (I thought the book version of the epilogue was dire, and I know I wasn't the only one). So I thought the movie version worked a lot better than the book, and I'm glad I watched it.ReplyDelete
Tracy ... I think I will always like the books and will return to them again and again, but the same holds for the movies for different reasons! Both are great, but in their own special ways! :)ReplyDelete
The movie, for me, was closure - which is good :)ReplyDelete
Tracy ... I like the way they closed the movies, so I definitely had closure too! Very good!ReplyDelete