*This challenge is usually hosted over at J. Kaye's Book Blog, but I haven't heard anything from her about hosting it.
As of today, I have read and reviewed 278 books for 2010. I have many more to post before the finish date of December 31, 2010. I know that I will be able to finish this challenge next year, but I am challenging you to beat your 2010 record this year! Can you read over 100 books this year?
1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Posting on GoodReads or wherever you post your reviews is good enough.
2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2011. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.
I did not complete this challenge in 2010, but I am sure going to try it again in 2011! It never hurts to try, right?!? Here's the list with applicable links . . .
- Spiderwick Chronicles #3: Lucinda's Secret by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- Spiderwick Chronicles #4: The Ironwood Tree by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- Spiderwick Chronicles #5: The Wrath of Mulgarath by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- Magic Tree House #9: Dolphins at Daybreak by Mary Pope Osborne
- Magic Tree House #10: Ghost Town at Sundown by Mary Pope Osborne
- Magic Tree House #11: Lions at Lunchtime by Mary Pope Osborne
- The Good Neighbors #1: Kin by Holly Black
- The Good Neighbors #2: Kith by Holly Black
- The Good Neighbors #3: Kind by Holly Black
- Ghostopolis by Douglas TenNapel
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Dogsbody by Diana Wynn Jones
- Bone #1: Out From Boneville by Jeff Smith
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
- Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
- Magic Tree House #12: Polar Bears Past Bedtime by Mary Pope Osborne
- In Stitches by Anthony Youn, MD
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Blankets by Craig Thompson
- Fables #1: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham
- Captain Underpants #3: Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafetaria Ladies from Outer Space by Dav Pilkey
- Captain Underpants #4: Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants by Dav Pilkey
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West
- In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka
- Feed by Mira Grant
- Little Black Dress by Susan McBride
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Fables #2: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham
- Gimme A Kiss by Christopher Pike
- Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl
- Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Deadline by Mira Grant
- Captain Underpants #5: Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman by Dav Pilkey
- See You Later by Christopher Pike
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi
- Bunnicula by James Howe
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz interpreted by Eric Shanower
- Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
- Leaping Beauty by Gregory Maguire
- Master of Murder by Christopher Pike
- Scavenger Hunt by Christopher Pike
- The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike
- Bone #2: The Great Cow Race by Jeff Smith
- Bone #3: Eyes of the Storm by Jeff Smith
- Bone #4: The Dragonslayer by Jeff Smith
- Bone #5: Rock Jaw: Master of the Easter Border by Jeff Smith
- Bone #6: Old Man's Cave by Jeff Smith
- Bad Island by Doug TenNapel
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- The Olympians #1: Zeus by George O'Connor
- The Olympians #2: Athena by George O'Connor
- The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards
- Fractured Fables by Various Authors
How long has it been and she's still calling it J. Kaye's Book Blog? :( Makes me glad I am no longer involved.ReplyDelete
Best of luck on your reading challenges this coming year!
I think I will take this one on, since I'm doing other challenges and hope to beat them all, which will get me near enough to 100 books, I think.ReplyDelete
But, hm, I don't see a Mr. Linky to sign-up with?
Good luck with all your challenges!ReplyDelete
365andMe . . . Thanks for the best of luck! After reviewing this year's challenges, I think I'm going to need it! LOL!! And yep, isn't amazing that they are still referring to it as J. Kaye's Book Blog?!? Maybe with her new redesign it will help everyone move on too?!?ReplyDelete
Adam . . . We've chatted on Twitter about this and I've now added the link to the host! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!!
carolsnotebook . . . Thanks Carol! :)
If she doesn't change the RSS feed, it will still say the same thing. The best that I can do is distance myself from my name. I'll call it my transition phase...lol. The name I use before the pen name. :)ReplyDelete
365andMe . . . Is there a way you can contact her and have her change it? Maybe she isn't aware of that?!? Either way, I think it is a good step towards a pen name! You've got me intrigued as to if you already know what this name is!! ;)ReplyDelete
Tif, I just sent an email. :)ReplyDelete
365andMe . . . Ha! And, I just responded! :)ReplyDelete