What did I get posted this week? Not much, but here it is . . .
- Fairy Tale Fridays: The Tiger, the Brahman, and the Jackal
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
I am in the midst of attempting to get my Google Reader down to less than 1000 posts. I worked on it for a while today, but did not have much luck. The number still says 1000+! I've only got one link for you this week, but I'm hoping to have a whole slew of them next week as I trudge through my weeks of negligence!
- Another great post has come out of The League of Extraordinary Writers examining The Creativity Crisis. This is a topic that can tend to be my soapbox, particularly when you start talking about standardized testing in today's schools. This topic alone could generate a lot of discussion, BUT I would really recommend that you instead take a peek at the post for the original link to the Newsweek article as well as a twist on how we can creatively reflect on the dystopian genre.
I received two packs of books this week, both from giveaways that I won. I am so excited to read these because they look so good!
- Pam from Bookalicio.us sent The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner, Kissed by an Angel Trilogy by Elizabeth Chandler, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey, Hunted and Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.
- Kristen from We Be Reading also sent me a copy of one of her favorite books, The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox.
Be watching for some more Harry Potter reviews this week, along with some other reviews and possible wish list items. I plan on doing a lot of blog writing (and scheduling) this week with my extra time. However, in the meantime, I'm off to curl up with my book!