The TOP POST for the month was no surprise ... ARMCHAIR BOOK EXPO: Allow Me to Introduce Myself! It was the only post I was able to get up for the event because of all my time spent on behind-the-scenes tasks, but I'm okay with it. Since it is the final year of the event, I kind of have to be.
The TOP PIC of May was a picture of these cuties. They really need no other explanation. They speak for themselves!
The BOOKS READ for May was much better than they have been in previous months. Much better.
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian
- The Grown-Up by Gillian Flynn
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
- Soulless by Gail Carriger
Of all these books, it was hard to determine a FAVORITE READ, but there is one that definitely stands out more than all the others ... The Absolutely True Dairy of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. I am still trying to wrap my head around the power behind this story, but I'm hoping I can find the right words at some point to share with you in more detail.
I typically share more details here regarding life in general, but I'm going to skip it this time. I will be back shortly to chat about June, so I will leave those thoughts for that post.
How was your reading in May? Do you have big plans for these last couple days in June?