I was able to post a couple of things earlier this week, but the latter part of the week was pretty much a dud. In case you didn't see these posts, they are definite musts!
- The monthly link-up for the Fairy Tale Challenge, but with an AMAZING guest post! If you have not seen these fun fairy tale photos with a twist, then you need to click on over now!
- The first review and discussion post for the Tales to Tomes Online Book Club was also posted. Have you read Room? Come share in your thoughts and links to your reviews! Our next book on tap for this month is Dogsbody by Diana Wynne Jones. Will you be joining us?
This week will be a big week here on the blog because it is the annual Share a Story - Shape a Future week, where we celebrate all things literacy! I have participated every year it has been in existence and I have no intention of abandoning it now. It is one of my favorite events of the year! Here's what is on tap this week:
- The Power of a Book - From the literal power of owning a book and a good story to the intangible power that comes with knowing how to read.
- The Gift of Reading - Whether you're looking for a book to excite a reader, want to help someone learn to read or celebrate the "gift" ... it's covered.
- Unwrapping Literacy 2.0 - With all of the talk of digital literacy, e-readers, etc. What does "literacy" look like in this new century?
- Love of Reading v. Homework - Do they have to be at odds? We'll talk about ways to help readers at home and at school.
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving - To wrap up the week we'll be remembering "that moment" when we realized we were a reader or writer and how to celebrate it with others. Lots(!) of interviews this day.
I hope to participate in all the "Writing about Reading" prompts, but all posts will be going up in the evenings for me. Be sure to check in and see what I have to say! In past years, I liked to also share my personal favorite highlights from the day's guest posts. I still plan to do this as well as time permits. I'm even hoping that this week will get me back in gear and start posting again on a regular basis, especially since life is now starting to slow down for me a bit.
Whew! That's it for now! I will be back tomorrow for some great literacy links and chat! In the meantime, tell me what I've been missing in my semi-absence these days!
Sounds like you have a very busy week ahead!ReplyDelete
I'm certainly hoping to join in with the Dogsbody discussion - hopefully my library copy arrives this week.
That's great that your event went off so well.ReplyDelete
Tracy . . . Yeah!!! Let me know when it arrives! I was going to wait to start it next week, but I can start it earlier if you will be!ReplyDelete
carolsnotebook . . . Thank you!
Sorry, Tif - I checked with the library yesterday - they only have one copy in the county, and though I reserved it weeks ago it's still out on loan - supposed to be due back by the end of the month - but that's no guarantee it will be!ReplyDelete
Tracy . . . No worries! Keep me posted on when you get it! We can always chat about it when you do get to it!ReplyDelete