I figure that if I keep chanting this over and over again in my head, then I will actually get some writing done this week! Heck, it is even in writing now, so that's got to cement it even more, doesn't it?!? I have a goal to post more than 2 times this week, something outside of my Fairy Tale Fridays and Sunday Synopsis. I've got all these ideas of things to write about, from our favorite holiday classics to finishing up a number of posts that I've started over the last few months, and even write up a dozen or more reviews that I need to get done. My ideas are really not lacking. My desire to write has been the issue. I can always seem to find something better to do these days . . . laundry, pay my bills, clean my house, and of course, read! The sad part is that writing is so much a part of who I am that I simply feel that something is missing. Conclusion: I've got to get back to writing again!
I am going to try to get this chant working, so this post is going to be a bit long today. Bare with me as I try to catch up on a few things here and there. I've got a hodge podge of stuff to write about today, but I am going to try to be as brief as possibly while still trying to get my write on!
Let's start with some fun links of things that I've discovered around the blogosphere the last couple of weeks. I haven't posted a little link love in a while and I've got some great ones for you!
- The Book Chook shares Tips on Reading Aloud. Do you find yourself timid when reading aloud? Do you find yourself monotonous when reading with your child? Do you simply wonder how to make storytime a better experience for you and your child? If you answered yes to any or all of these, you must read this post!
- Over at Imagination Soup, there is an amazing guest post on Teaching Diversity in a White-Washed World, including a book list!
- The Book Chook has released Literacy Lava 7!!!! Gotta read this one!! I haven't even finished it yet, but I already love it!! (And, do you see a theme here? If you don't already subscribe to The Book Chook, go do so now!)
- Carol of Carol's Notebook posted about a really cool Fairy Tale Getaway that I wish I could visit! If you are ever in that neck of the woods, please take some pics and share them with me. I would like to at least live vicariously through others!
- I discovered these creative journals through Imagination Soup (another great site you must be reading!) and have decided that I really want at least one of them for myself. This Handmade Life = Brilliant!!
Okay, I will leave the list of links at that for now! And, since it is the beginning of the month again, I thought I would post another update on my challenges. I am really not doing well on many of them this year, but I am submitting myself to them again next year. I even am thinking of hosting one or two next year. I've got a couple of ideas in mind, but am working on letting them brew a bit longer before I commit. In the meantime, here's the latest of this year's challenges . . .
- Take Another Chance Challenge (.5 of 6)
- 2010 Audiobook Challenge (7 of 20)
- 451 Challenge (1 of 4)
- 2010 Young Readers Challenge (11 of 12)
- 2010 A to Z Reading Challenge (11 of 26)
- 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge (18 of 50)
- 2010 100+ Reading Challenge (42 of 100)
- Flashback Challenge (7 of 6+)
- The Stephen King/Richard Bachman Challenge -- Perpetual Challenge
I am going to just leave it at that for tonight! Now that I've got some business out of the way, let's hope for some greater success in writing this week. I will do some writing this week. I will do some writing this week. I will do some writing this week. I will . . . you get the idea!
What's your plans for this week? What are your thoughts on challenges for 2010 and 2011?