I have so much reading to report on this week,
especially with a couple of readathons to add in the mix!
Last week, I skipped my usual updates to share a special feature on the upcoming Armchair BEA! (If you haven't checked it out, click over and read all about it, then click on over here to check out the AWESOME agenda that was just announced earlier today!) Here is a quick update on the books I completed in that 2 week span, minus a readathon weekend . . .
- The Dyerville Tales by M.P. Kozlowsky
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (audiobook)
- Runaways #2: Teenage Wasteland by Brian K. Vaughan
- Runaways #3: The Good Die Young by Brian K. Vaughan
- Chew #2: International Flavor by John Layman
- Chew #3: Just Desserts by John Layman
- Chew #4: Flambe by John Layman
Then, came Dewey's Readathon on Saturday! I had such big hopes and a huge stack of books to get through. I started out the day with doing a bit of blog reading and commenting, took my daughter horseback riding with her Girl Scout troop, and came home to start reading. Next thing I knew I was SICK, horribly, horribly SICK! Though I ended up spending most of the time in bed, I did still finish two books:
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
I did get to feeling better on Sunday, and was able to finish Diary of a Wimpy Kid #7: The Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney and start Diary of a Wimpy Kid #8: The Hard Truth by Jeff Kinney. And, that brings us up-to-date with . . .
The Spring-Into-Horror Readathon is this week! This readathon starts today and runs through Sunday, May 4, 2014. I will be working on my original stack of books from Dewey's Readathon (pictured again below), but am adding a few titles to my list to add the horror element required of the event.
- Sleep Donation by Karen Russell (This is my current audio-read and I need to finish it this week!)
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (I've been really wanting to start this series and this weekend will provide the perfect opportunity!)
I will actually be participating in another readathon in a couple of weeks (Bout of Books), but I will wait to share my details of that one until we get a little closer. Whew!! That's a lot of reading, but I will take it!!
Did you participate in Dewey's Readathon? How did you do? Are you participating in the Spring-Into-Horror Readathon this week? What do you plan on reading?