Welcome to the monthly gathering of Journal Circle!
writing about family. I have continued to do so over the last month, even deciding to go a little artsy with a family tree! The month before in the first Journal Circle, I shared with you how I personalize my own journals. This month, I thought I would try a little something different.
One of the things that I struggle with in the journaling realm is doing it on a regular basis. I find myself going days and sometimes weeks without writing a single thing. Then, I may have a writing binge. What I really want is to be a bit more consistency. So I thought I would start with a challenge and see if any of you would like to join me!
The details . . .
Write a minimum of 10 days over the next month. This averages out to be at least once every three days. You can choose to write more than 10 days, but you want to write at least 10 times between now and the next meeting of Journal Circle.
If you are new to journaling and/or simply need a little assistance, I have come up with a list of 10 prompts. Feel free to use them or not.
- Why do you journal?
- Talk about your day.
- Make a list.
- Clip something from a newspaper. Attach it into your journal and respond.
- Choose one . . . my mother, my father, my daughter, my son, my grandmother, my grandfather, my spouse . . .
- The year I was born. (Check out this website to help you record some memories!)
- Listen to a song. Write about how it made you feel, where it took you, any memories you associate with it, etc.
- Discuss a current read that has impacted you in some way.
Write away, and stop by throughout the month to let me know how you are doing. Our next gathering will be on Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Will you be joining me on my challenge? How has your journaling been going throughout the last month? Share away in the comments section below.