How is today the last day of September?!?!
I have had a GREAT reading week! Let me count the books read . . .
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson
- Confessions: The Private School Murders by James Patterson
- Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
My bookmark currently lives in the middle of . . .
- The Ultimate Top Secret Guide To Taking Over the World by Kenn Nesbitt (with my kids)
- Flat Stanley Worldwide Adventures #1: The Mount Rushmore Calamity by Sara Pennypacker (with my daughter)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook)
- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
FrightFall Read-a-Thon this week! Yes, I have decided to participate in yet another read-a-thon! It just coincides so well with my current plans that I could not say no! Here's a quick list of what I plan to work on for this week-long read-a-thon . . .
- Continue to listen to The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I (think) I am currently about halfway through, but I have no way to tell with Overdrive audiobooks. (Am I missing something?)
- Read Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. I am going to try really hard not to read ahead of this one.
- I have a couple of graphic novels that are also due back at the library this week I need to finish. They are more in the Fables series by Bill Willingham.
- If I make it through all these, then I will continue on with more of my RIP reads.
How has your reading been going these days?
Are you joining in the #sleepalong?
This week has also been a pretty decent week on the writing front as well! I talked about a handful of my upcoming reads in Fall Into Reading over at Walrus Publishing a couple of days ago and have another piece going live a little later this week. I will share the link to that one next week, but I will tell you that I talk about a popular, but controversial author.
My goal last week was to make sure I went to the library three days. I actually made it all three days!! I am so much more focused when I write elsewhere and I can see an increase in my productivity already.
My goal this week is to hit the library again a minimum of three days, catch up on blog writing, write 1-2 more freelance pieces, and maybe, just maybe actually start getting something on paper for my "other" projecst!
What are your writing goals this week?
Life. I have pretty much outlined my life in the other above three sections for the week! I have been reading and writing a lot, and of course, hanging with my kids. I hope to work on editing photos since the big move (including our road trip), decorate for Halloween, and maybe even take the family to the movies. We all really want to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2!
What are you looking forward to this week?