Reading has remained slow this past week. I am still reading The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson, with the ending of Book 2 coming very soon! I'm just going to keep on reading through to the end of Book 5, but I may throw in the first book in The Walking Dead series since I finally got it from the library!
I forgot to mention last week that I have started my book group again!! Last year, I discontinued the group for a variety of reasons that I will not get into here. Thanks to multiple requests and some amazing reading friends, we met last weekend and got the ball rolling again. We are in the midst of choosing books and plan to discuss our first book, A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness in a month. I could not have asked for a better pick for our first discussion!!
- 2012 Audio Book Challenge (0 of 12)
- 2012 Fairy Tale Challenge (4 of 12)
- 2012 Off the Shelf Challenge (6 of 30)
- 2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge (17 of 70)
- What's In A Name Challenge (2 of 6)
I am doing horribly with the audio book challenge, but am hoping to turn that around soon. I check audios out from the library and never seem to finish them before they are due back without the possibility of renewal (because of a request or max amount of renewals). Other than that and the overall amount of reading I have done this year, I am completely happy with where I am at. Goodreads says that I am five books behind my goal for the year, but I think it is still within reach!
ON WRITINGAs mentioned previously, I have signed up for participation in the 10-Week Writer's Challenge and today marks the first week down. How has it gone? Not bad for the first week and I only hope that it gets better. Here's a quick peak at what writing was actually accomplished, all of which was for the site this week:
- Monday, April 23rd: Wrote Monday Maunder
- Tuesday, April 24th: None
- Wednesday, April 25th: Wrote two reviews AND scheduled two reviews! (Please note that many of my reviews I write out long-hand first, then type them up and schedule them.)
- Thursday, April 26th: None
- Friday, April 27th: None
- Saturday, April 28th: None
- Sunday, April 29th: Started writing Monday Maunder
My goal is to write a minimum of five days a week and go beyond words for the blog and freelancing. I did not quite make it this week, but I consider this my baseline and look forward to improving from here!
For life, I am simply going to remind you about two big things going on here right now:
- Spreading Literary Love: Book Drive for Shriners Hospital for Children
- Giveaway: The President's Vampire by Christopher Farnsworth
And, I will leave you with pictures of my loot from a library book sale and a city-wide used book fair. Can you believe these treasures that will be added to my shelves and used as giveaways for my book club as well as right here on this site?!? (For my birthday this year, I asked that I have a certain amount of money and two nights at these sales! What more could a book girl want?!?)
Do you want to guess how much money I spent on all these treasures?!? Which ones caught your eye and why? What were the treasures of your week?