This is the second year running for Off The Shelf!, with last year being an overwhelming success (over 300 participants), and we hope this year it does just as well! There are some differences this time, thanks to a new year, new place, and some experience. Have a read below, if you have any questions ask away, and the most important part of it is to have fun!
What It’s All About
Do you love books? Do you love them so much your to be read list seems to keep growing, and growing, and growing? Is space on your bookshelf taken up with unread books? Is your eBook library burgeoning with unread stories? We’ve been there at BA and we still are!
This challenge is to read those books you own a copy of, print, digital, and audio, you have been meaning to read, but never gotten to. If you don’t own enough books for the challenge you can read your TBR list instead. And no, you do not need to get rid of your books afterwards, that’s completely your choice, this challenge is only to read them.
The How To
- Choose Your Level:These are listed further down and you can change levels at any time.
- Grab The Badge: Place it somewhere on your blog, profile, or in a signature where possible and link back (main page or this page, it’s up to you).
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (only if allowed) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link!
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment!
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review we’d love for you to share them by submitting them on the Review Page (including social networks).
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the Completion Post page!
- Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
- Trying – Choose 15 books to read
- Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
- On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
- Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
- Hoarder – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Buried – Choose between 136-200 books to read
Here is the list of books coming off the overflowing TBR shelves:
- Quatrain by Sharon Shinn
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox
- Infernal Devices #2: The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- Kingdom Keepers #1: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson
- Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
- Kingdom Keepers #2: Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson
- Kingdom Keepers #3: Disney in Shadow by Ridley Pearson
- Kingdom Keepers #4: Power Play by Ridley Pearson
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1 by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #4: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney
- Uglies by Scott Westerfield
- The Passage by Justin Cronin