I haven't really been posting my recent books, so I thought I would take a few minutes to catch you all up on my latest additions. WARNING: This is quite a list! Bear with me!
I had better start with my stacks from a local book fair. I am not going to list each of the books simply because there are too many! However, I am including pictures. A couple of books are missing because I had already given them as gifts before I took my photos.
I also have accumulated the following books (I have included where I received them from, too!) . . .
- Ten Little Indians by Sherman Alexie: Library Book Sale
- How Nancy Drew Saved My Life by Lauren Baratz-Logsted: Library Book Sale
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares: Library Book Sale
- Veracity by Laura Bynum: Won from Michelle at Galleysmith!!
- Love You, Mean It: A True Story by Patricia Carrington, Julia Collins, Claudia Gerbasi, and Ann Haynes: Received from my cousin's new wife, and one of my new booking buddies!
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave: Purchased from Powell's Bookstore thanks to a giftcard from my hubby!!
- Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz: Library Book Sale
- Horns by Joe Hill: Received from my awesome past book blogger friend, turned novelist-in-progress . . . J. Kaye!
- Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin: Library Book Sale
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson: Received from my favorite aunt!!
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson: Received from my favorite aunt!!
- Matchless: A Christmas Story by Gregory Maguire: Library Book Sale
- Ruined by Paula Morris: Library Book Sale
- The House of Bair: Sheep, Cadillacs and Chippendale by Lee Rostad: Gift from my Grandfather!
- The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan: Purchased from Powell's Bookstore thanks to a giftcard from my hubby!!
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck: Library Book Sale (A VERY cool 1937 edition!!)
Have you read any of these books? Any recommendations from this vast list?
I've read and liked Fluke and The God of Small Things.
Ones I own but haven't read yet are: The Gates, The Blind Assassin, Three Junes, The Crimson Petal and the White and Matchless. Of those, I'm probably most excited about The Gates but just waiting to be in the right mood to read it!
I think the only ones I've read are The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the Blind Assassin, both of which were good.ReplyDelete
On, and of course Bunnicula like three times. It's must.
You have SOOOO many great books. GOOD IN BED was awesome...there was a brief unbelievable part, but as a whole, the book was brimming with realism. It made me laugh and cry.ReplyDelete
I wish I would stop collecting books...I've gotten better. Still...my shelves are over-flowing with books I haven't read yet.
Out of the Jodi Picoult those are two of her best, but I by far liked Nineteen Minutes the best. It's a real thought provoker. Mercy was really good too.ReplyDelete
I read the Crimson Petal and the White and I didn't care for it too much. Its been a few years since I read it, but it bored me.
Just discovered your blog via Rebecca :) at lost in books. This is on my list now.
I am so relieved to know I am not the only one completely and utterly addicted to books. In real life, everyone gives me a hard time about it so it's nice to know I am not alone!!!
Those stacks look like heaven! (I wonder if your husband feels the same.) :)ReplyDelete
I love Poisonwood Bible. I hope you do! I liked Midwives as well. A couple you have I ave waiting on my shelf- The Kite Runnerand Nineteen Minutes, Me Talk Pretty One Day- and many more that I want on my shelves- Friday Nigh Knitting Club, Peony in Love, The God of Small Things, and The Girl Who Played with Fire. I LOVED the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I just watched the movie and it was amazing, too.
Please, do feel free to send me those on my wishlist when you are done reading them. ;)
Wow! Your library grows and grows!ReplyDelete
Kristen M . . . I am really excited about The Gates as well!! I really loved The Book of Lost Things!!ReplyDelete
carolsnotebook . . . I am so excited to be able to re-visit Bunnicula! I am going to save it for October though!!
J. Kaye . . . My physical TBR is really rather ridiculous, so I completely understand! Maybe someday I will share a picture of all my unread books that are impatiently waiting for me!
Stephanie . . . I've read Nineteen Minutes already, so I added that one to my prize box. By far, that is my favorite of her's so far too! BTW, it is so good to have you visiting! You are definitely not alone . . . despite your feelings IRL at times! I completely understand that feeling!! :)
Rebecca . . . No, my husband views it as work since he is always the one who packs them around the last four times we have moved!! :) The Kite Runner and Nineteen Minutes I actually added to my prize box (The Kite Runner was already grabbed!). But, I will definitely be keeping my eyes open though if I come across another copy!! :) I love to share the book-ish love!!
Peaceful Reader . . . I know!! Isn't it great?!?!