- Do You Audio? (Exploring the world of audio books)
- How Do You Roll? (Do you keep a blogroll on your personal site and if so, how?)
REVIEWS: I did not make my goal of 5 this week, but I am working on getting more scheduled this next week!! Please bear with me as I attempt to get caught up!!
- Meet Sara Dobie! (A unique perspective on the book-ish world from Public Relations in the Publishing world!)
- Arthur's Audio Favorites Volume 2 by Marc Brown (giveaway win from J. Kaye's Book Blog)
- A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi (page 192 of 339)
**Special Note: I have had to abandon . . . well postpone . . . Emma by Jane Austen simply because it was a bad audio and I was unable to get past disc 2. I have every intention of either finding another audio version that will work or getting my own hard copy in the future.
REVIEWS TO COME:
- Legacy by Cayla Kluver (scheduled!)
- George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl
- Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure The World by Tracy Kidder
- Fool by Christopher Moore
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
- The Little Island by Golden MacDonald and Leonard Weisgard
- Black and White by David Macauley
- Mei Li by Thomas Handforth
- Crossroads by Chris Grabenstein
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Rocky Mountain Snow Ghosts by Patti Hurst
- Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary
- Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Survival of the Fittest by Jonathan Kellerman
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- S is for Save the Planet by Brad Herzog
- The Ugly Duckling by Jerry Pinkney
- Mesmeric Revelation by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
- The Facts in the Case of in M. Valdemar by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
- The Sleeper by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
- Eldorado by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
- The Spectacles by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
- The Premature Burial by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
- The Haunted Palace by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
- Some Words With A Mummy by Edgar Allan Poe (Poe Fridays)
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE:
- I had signed up for Kristen's Re-Read Challenge over at We Be Reading, but have not gotten around to making the official post. It looks like I won't be for the time being because she has postponed the challenge until the spring or summer. Maybe by then I will be more organized?!?
- My Friend Amy is hosting a Fall Festival Recipe Exchange on October 12th (yep, that's tomorrow . . . cannot forget!!)!! I'm still not sure which recipe I will post, but knowing my tendencies, it will involve something sweet!!
- While Rebecca over at Lost in Books was away, she had some amazing guest posts that I absolutely loved. I think my personal favorite of them all was Why Do We Read Books? by Ali of Worducopia. If you have not yet checked it out, click on over and share why you read!
- I've decided to participate as a reader (for the first time EVER) in Dewey's Read-a-Thon taking place on October 24th!!! It should be interesting since I will be home hanging out with the kids while my husband works all weekend! I've got a couple of ideas to keep them occupied (with a little read-a-thon for them as well!). I will make my official post with ideas of what I will be reading from sometime this week. I can't wait!!
- I received another award!!! This time it is from J. Kaye's Book Blog and it is the Friendship Bear Award!!! I will make the official post soon as well as add it to my new Awards page, but in the meantime, I wanted to send a shout-out to J. Kaye saying THANK YOU!!
- I will be trying to get caught up on my Wish List this next week as well as updating my Index so both with be up-to-date. I'm not sure how far I will get, so this may be more than a week's project!! Just wanted to give you all a heads-up!!
- Lastly, I'm heading on a little plane trip later this week. I'm hoping to have some posts scheduled in my absence, but we will see what I can get written in the meantime. It's a bit of an unexpected trip, but I am looking forward to some good reading time. I am hoping to share with all of you which books I will be taking on my travels!!