- Review more books in general . . . I was shooting for at least 100!
- Complete ALL challenges!
- Review more children's books!
I think that this time next year, I would like to see all of these fulfilled! I believe that I am on the right track. (1) I am not sure if I will make 100 total, but I'm sure hoping I do. According to my current count, I am at 42 (but there may very well be multiple reviews in one in this count). I also have a very large stack of books that I have completed that I have not yet reviewed that should put this list well above 50. (2) At this time, I have completed all of my challenges. I have a lot of work to do to complete my current ones though!! (3) I have reviewed a much larger number of children's book and still have the majority of Caldecott winners left as well.
With that said, I feel that I have had a lot going on this past year. We have moved to yet another new state. Due to my questionable sanity, we were actually virtually homeless for about a month and a half during this move. I went back to working full-time for the first time in two years. In fact, this is really the first time that I am working since I started this blog!! When I wrote my very first blog post, I was in my last weeks of my old job and getting ready to move yet again!! (Yes, we move a LOT!!) And, this time around, I now have two children and a husband who works a ridiculous amount of hours (whereas before, I only had one child and my husband was home a lot)! Does this really give me an excuse? No, not really! I just feel that I am still trying to find my new balance in life. It's been difficult and there have been times that I have not wanted to continue . . . but really, writing and blogging CAN be a stress reliever for me! I find it healing and cannot express how thankful I am for the support of this community. You will never know just how much you have helped me to survive these many transitions this past year!!!! You have been my much-needed constant!!!!
Now, this was technically supposed to be a max of 100 words according to the BBAW request. I think I surpassed that in the first paragraph, so I am going to wrap it up by just a few additional bullet points.
- More consistent posts with scheduled reviews!!
- I'm hoping to start a weekly event in early 2010. I have all the ideas and logistics, but am waiting for my life to become a little more adjusted and me to become a little more reliable!
- To stay caught up with my Google Reader! I've been wanting to add more blogs to my Reader, but am already behind on reading everything!
- To FINALLY lauch my additional changes that I have been wanting to launch for more than a month now! Hopefully, this one will come sooner rather than later!!
- "To accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." (Just a little something that I always need to remind myself when setting goals in my life!)
- I like that I review a large array of books. It reflects my personality and who I am in real life . . . diverse and open-minded!
- I pride myself in my honesty when reviewing a book.
- I love my new design!! And, I think that my changes I mentioned above will only allow the love to grow stronger!
- I have greatly improved in my writing and formatting over the last couple of years! And, I love to know that it can only get better!
Thanks for sticking with me until the end of this post!!! Enjoy, and I encourage each of you to post here or email me with what you like or what you would like to see changed or improved on. I love to hear from all my readers and appreciate your comments!!!