So, what have I been up to this week?
Books Received: This is my list of books that I have received, all from a variety of sources. I have noted the sources in paratheses. For the record . . . this is the most review books that I have received since the beginning of my blog . . . definitely the most in one week, but probably the most overall!! Looks like my review request status is going back to being on hold!
- Dancing with Ana by Nicole Barker (review by author)
- Creative Thinking for the Speed of Life by Jude Treder-Wolff (review by publicist)
- A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi (review by author)
- Legacy by Cayla Kluver (review by publisher)
- What's New at the Zoo?: An Animal Adding Adventure by Suzanne Slade (review by publisher)
- Moose and Magpie by Bettina Restrepo (review by publisher)
- Count Down to Fall by Fran Hawk (review by publisher)
- Mother Osprey: Nursery Rhymes for Buoys & Gulls by Lucy Nolan (review by publisher)
- The Little Island by Golden MacDonald and Leonard Weisgard (library)
- Black and White by David Macaulay (library)
- Mei Li by Thomas Handforth (library)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (audio; library)
- Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (page 338 of 363)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (audio)
- Crossroads by Chris Grabenstein
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Rocky Mountain Snow Ghosts by Patti Hurst
- Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
- Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary
- Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Survival of the Fittest by Jonathan Kellerman
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- S is for Save the Planet by Brad Herzog
- Moose, Bear and Hummingbird by Susan Tone, Gabriel D'Luzansky, and Mary Delaney
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- The Ugly Duckling by Jerry Pinkney
- Bridal Ballad by Edgar Allen Poe (Poe Fridays)
- Mesmeric Revelation by Edgar Allen Poe (Poe Fridays)
- Sylvan Dell Publishing has recently launched FREE access to their new generation of ebooks! It is a 90 day trial to 45 books for FREE!! Simply click here to access this trial to an amazing library of books. For the full details, check out Sara Dobie's Blog (Public Relations for Sylvan Dell). My personal favorite is Little Skink's Tail by Janet Halfmann (reviewed earlier this year here). I just received a few others (listed above) for review and upon my first flip-thru, I think I may be adding a few more favorites to my list!
- Susan over at The Book Chook had a great post on how to Be a Pirate Parent, plundering the blogosphere for children's literacy resources, from games to worksheets to songs and so much more . . . ALL perfect for the current state of the economy because they are FREE!!!
- I've also decided to sign up for another challenge . . . The Banned Book Challenge hosted by bibliobrat! I know . . . what the heck am I thinking?!?! I will have more information coming with an official post soon.
- Last, but definitely not least, this is the last week to submit nominations for Book Blogger Appreciation Week! If you have not yet done so (like me), you had better give yourself a little kick in the rear and get with the program!! (This is a little pep talk to myself as well!!) I'm hoping to have the BBAW meme completed soon too!!
Additional Updates: I've been talking about my upcoming changes for quite some time now, but I have yet to launch them! By the time I finally do, the whole excitement will probably be lost in all the hype!! I did get to work on them this last week, but do not feel that I am at the point yet where I can make them official. I'm hoping that this week will be the week!! As soon as I have completed them, I will be shouting out the news . . . let's just hope I don't get the same response as when Peter cried wolf! :)