It is time for another edition of Tif Recommends!!
Today, I will be sharing with you a list of our favorite chapter books to read aloud. Since my children were infants, I have read chapter books to them out loud. Over the years, I have gotten better about using different voices for the characters, even though I often confuse them! And, now that the kids are older, they even like to participate in the read-aloud as well.
The following list is the books that have been the biggest hits over the years, both in the enjoyment of reading and in the response from my children. The books range in level from early chapter books to those that are more complicated. Without further ado, I give you the top ten favorites . . .
1. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
3. The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
4. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
5. Mercy Watson by Kate DiCamillo
6. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
7. Bunnicula by James Howe
8. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
9. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
10. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Which of these chapter books are your favorite? Do you think I'm missing a favorite?