|Badge art courtesy of|
I am so very excited today to be hosting Day 4 of Share a Story, Shape a Future, featuring The ABCs of Reading and Writing and focusing on children ages 4-5. Let's first take a quick peak at what has been covered so far this week . . .
- Day 1: Literacy with Infants and Babies - The First Year hosted by Maria Burel at Once Upon a Story
- Day 2: Playing with Literacy - The Toddler Years hosted by Terry Doherty at Share a Story, Shape a Future
- Day 3: Prepping for Preschool - Early Literacy hosted by Debbie Alvarez at The Styling Librarian
So many wonderful stories, resources, and experiences have been shared, and there is so many more to come. In fact, you can share your own stories (and have a chance to enter amazing giveaways) by participating in the Writing About Reading prompts.
Now for today's great links featuring The ABCs of Reading and Writing (ages 4-5) . . .
- Dawn Little of Literacy Toolbox talks about using Discovery Boxes with preschoolers to build their background knowledge in "Discover"-ing Boxes of Hands-On Learning.
- Debbie Alvarez of The Styling Librarian discusses Reading and Writing from A-Z with your four-year old.
- Erica of What Do We Do All Day? Reading, Playing and Learning with Kids shares 6 Ways to Add Rhymes to Everyday Life with a Preschooler.
- Liz Hughes of Inventing My Life brings us My Family is not Special.
- Sheila Magovern of Barefoot Books writes about Engaging Busy Bodies.
This week is not yet over. We still have more amazing information coming your way tomorrow with Look Mom, I Can Read (Age 5) at Family Bookshelf with Terry Doherty.
What is your favorite memory of reading with your preschooler? What books do you recommend for this age?