Monday after a read-a-thon means that I will be mainly focusing on my reading for this week's rambling!!
This last week, I participated in the High Summer Read-a-thon, the first thon that I have participated in that has lasted an entire week. I didn't know what to expect, but now looking back on it I can safely say that these are the kind of read-a-thons for me! I actually feel like I was successful!! Here are my final stats:
Currently Reading: Diary of a Wimpy Kid #4: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney
- Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario
- Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1 by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney
- Enrique's Journey: 199 pages (started prior to event)
- Between the Lines: 215 pages (started prior to event)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1: 217 pages
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2: 217 pages
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3: 217 pages
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #4: 22 pages
- Total Pages Read: 1087 pages
That last number is a bit mind-boggling to me, but then I remind myself which books I was reading! Those Kinney books are easy reads filled with lots of humor that has me turning the pages pretty quickly!
What will be next on my list after this? I am currently debating between Blackout by Mira Grant and Uglies by Scott Westerfield. The latter is my monthly book club read, so I have to get to that one sooner rather than later. BUT, I really have been wanting to read the former since I bought it the week it was released! Decisions, decisions!!
I cannot close this portion without also saying a huge thanks to Michelle of the True Book Addict, the brains and hostess behind the read-a-thon! Thank you for a great week!!
Since most of my time was devoted to reading this last week, I did not get as much writing in as I was hoping for. I did get two pieces written, but I obviously added at least three more to the previous number of 11, resulting in a total of 12 pieces that I am left to write this week! I think I need to get back to focusing on writing this week to get caught up. Anyone want to have a review-a-thon with me this week?
I will have two pieces coming via the Walrus Report later this week, so be watching for them. One will be featuring one of my favorite author events of 2012 so far!
I am going to close this week's maunderings with two reminders:
- Don't forget I'm hosting my 5 year blogiversary giveaway!! It's not much, but the books featured are more than meet the eye!!
- Did you see my first Foto Friday, featuring an animal that reminds me of Poe every single time I see one? If not, click on over and tell me what you think about the pic, the feature, or the animal!
Tell Me: What is on your reading agenda? Anyone else drastically behind in reviews?