I had a great reading week thanks to the 24 Hour Dewey Readathon! This was the second time participating in the event, and though I did not get to read as much as I would have liked, I still felt like it was a productive and relaxing day! On Saturday, I had posted what was on my reading agenda. What I actually accomplished was . . .
- Finished Emerald Atlas by John Stephens. I think it was a total of 53 pages to be exact!
- Finished Locke & Key #4: Keys to the Kingdom by Joe Hill (160 pages)
- Finished Fables #5: Mean Seasons by Bill Willingham (168 pages)
- Started Kingdom Keepers #2: Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson. I only made it to page 42 before I could not keep my eyes open any longer!
Overall, I read 418 pages and am completely happy with my results! This week I will continue with Kingdom Keepers. I've decided to just keep on reading through to the latest release on this series.
As I mentioned before, I have decided to participate in the 10 Week Writer's Challenge and today was the official start date! My goal is to write at least 5 days a week on something, including pieces for this site, for my freelancing, and most importantly, for my story ideas. I have been kicking ideas around for quite a while now and I can't wait to actually get the story down on paper!! Please feel free to cheer me on in this endeavor as I may very well need it!!
Let me just update you on my current status of Day 1 . . . I am writing this post! I have already scheduled most of the posts for the rest of this week, so my plan will be playing catch-up on reviews from the read-a-thon and then hitting the story.
I feel like I have so much stuff to share with you this week, but I just cannot leave out the details of the latest of my life that all you curious people desire to hear! I will do it in bullet points though to keep it short and to the "point!"
- I would have read more during the readathon, but my son had his last season flag football game on Saturday. His team won and walked away with the best record this season in the district! I am one proud mama!
- I am so very excited about the end of this week thanks to two BIG book fairs in my city! I will be hitting one on Thursday and the other on Friday, and will try to restrain myself from visiting again over the weekend!
- In celebration of finishing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I finally let my son watch the corresponding movie. His reaction . . . "AWESOME!!! I love Ron Weasley, Hagrid, and You-Know-Who. I can't even pick out a favorite part of the movie because I loved it all so much!!" That's my boy!!!
- Last, but not least, I want to remind all my readers of my current philanthropic event, Spreading Literary Love: A Book Drive for Shriners Hospital for Children. I received my first donation this past week and I look forward to receiving more for the kids! Please continue to help spread the literary love!
Phew! That's it! I'm done! Now it is your turn to tell me all about your week! Did you participate in the readathon? How did you do? (Feel free to post your wrap-up links!) Will you be joining me for the writer's challenge? What about other random life happenings?