|Special Thanks to my Personal Faery Friend for the Button Art: Ye Olde Faery Shoppe|
I am so excited to announce that the Fairy Tale Challenge is returning for 2012! For all those who love fairy tales, both in writing and on the screen, this is your opportunity to share your love with other fans. Just as last year, we will have four different levels:
- Fairy (Level 1): Read 1 original tale. Read 1 modern tale. Watch 1 film. (Total of 3 selections.)
- Dwarf (Level 2): Read/watch any combination of original tales, modern tales, or films, resulting in a total of 6 selections.
- Royal Prince or Princess (Level 3): Read/watch any combination of original tales, modern tales, or films, resulting in 9 total selections.
- Happily Ever After (Level 4): Read/watch any combination of original tales, modern tales, or films, resulting in 12 total selections.
Here are a few other notes of importance:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012.
- Selections can include any age level or genre, from picture books and classics to young adult and even graphic novels. Creativity is completely acceptable here!
- You do not need to determine your list of fairy tales. Go with what moves you at the time!
- A blog is not required, but it is encouraged. You are also welcome to keep track of your selections via GoodReads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, or simply the comment section.
- Reviews are not required, but are encouraged. Other participants enjoy receiving recommendations!
- A Mr. Linky is below for sign-ups. Another post will be made for adding your reviews. Both direct links can be found on the left sidebar.
- You can overlap your choices with other challenges.
Where to go from here?
- Post about it on your blog, announcing which level you hope to achieve and linking back to this post. Feel free to grab the beautiful button art (courtesy of my own special fairy friend)!
- Post your direct link to your announcement post in the Mr. Linky below. If you have no blog, then post your profile to your social book network or announce in the comment section.
- Experience happily ever after in your choice of tales (or not, depending on the tale)!
- Come back and post your reviews under the Fairy Tale Challenge Reviews Mr. Linky.
Any questions, just leave them in the comments section or contact me directly using the link above. Happily ever reading!