|Image Courtesy of Wikipedia|
I went into this final film with this exact same mentality a couple of weeks ago. Don't get me wrong though . . . I still had expectations and they were set pretty high. I was satisfied with Part I of Deathly Hallows and I really wanted the final installment to be done "right."
Did I feel that it was done "right?" Yes and no. Let's start with the latter . . .
- I was disappointed that some of the characters did not get the face time they deserved. For example, Lupin and Tonks and their unmentioned son, who just so happens to be Harry's Godson.
- Details were left out, leaving many who have not read the books unable to understand the ending to the fullest extent. I discovered this after speaking with my husband and several co-workers. They simply didn't get what happened at the end and why.
- Did anyone else notice that a portion of the previews were NOT in the movie? If you don't know which scene I'm talking about, let me refresh your memory . . . Voldemort: "Why won't you die?" Harry: "Because I have something worth living for." (Disclaimer: This may not be verbatim.)
However, there were a multitude of things that I did enjoy. Here are just a few highlights . . .
- The battle scenes were truly brilliant! As horrible as this sounds, I did not want them to end! I guess I will be anxiously awaiting the DVD release to watch them again!
- The scene I was anticipating the most between Mrs. Weasley and Bellatrix did not disappoint!
- When looking at the evolution through the movies, I am so impressed at not only how much the young actors grew up, but also how much they grew in talent. It will be hard to view them as more than Harry, Ron, and Hermoine, but I do look forward to seeing where they will go from here.
All in all, I truly loved the final chapter. It left me with a mix of emotions . . . satisfaction, triumph, hope, and sadness. I am sad to see it come to an end, but I am excited to watch my children get to experience it for the first time, both the books and the movies. And, I'm excited to get my hands on the DVD release to see if maybe this is not quite the end. There will be extra scenes, right?!?
Were you left with mixed emotions as well? Were you left with positive or negative thoughts overall?