Are your books multiplying like rabbits before you even get a chance to read them? Trying to keep up with them, but can't stop buying new ones?
Maybe this challenge is for you. I know what it's like. There's so many titles and so many beautiful books out there sometimes it's hard to keep that TBR shelf under control, but if you really want to try why not challenge yourself?
The challenge begins on the 1st of January and ends on the 31st of December 2011
Note: This challenge is to read those books you own copies of, but have never got around to reading. If you don't have many that you own, but have a massive TBR shelf you're welcome to read those ones as long as you don't add new ones. You don't need to actually get rid of your books after you've read them, this is just to read them.
How To Participate
- Decide which challenge level you'll be doing (further below) - do not include books that you buy from the start of this challenge.
- Grab the code for the badge down below and post it on a side bar or in a signature (if you want to participate, but aren't blogging, on a social network or forum - Submission For Non Bloggers).
- Create your own post to let all your readers know you’re taking part in the challenge and at what level (if you're really proficient you can list your books!). Make sure to link back to this page with either one of the buttons or a text link.
- Use the link form below to enter into the challenge by sharing your challenge post url and your name (either your name, blog name, or both).Please don't use the comment form to participate, only to comment on the challenge or something else..
- Submit your reviews (if you choose to review them, but that is optional) on the review page.
- When you’ve completed you’re challenge let us know on the completion post. If you're using a tag or category I recommend sharing the link back to that so everyone can find them
- Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
- Trying – Choose 15 books to read
- Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
- On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
- Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
- Hoarder – Choose 76-125 books to read
- Buried – Choose 126-200 books to read
My TBR pile is absolutely ridiculous and I desperately need to be working on dwindling my piles down (to make room for new ones!). Therefore, this challenge is perfect for me . . . in the hopes that I can truly stick to it! I am not going to out on a big limb here, but I will go out on a small one with Making a Dint -- Choose 30 books to read. Wish me luck! I will post and link as I complete below:
- Spiderwick Chronicles #3: Lucinda's Secret by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- Spiderwick Chronicles #4: The Ironwood Tree by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- Spiderwick Chronicles #5: The Wrath of Mulgarath by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- Magic Tree House #9: Dolphins at Daybreak by Mary Pope Osborne
- Magic Tree House #10: Ghost Town at Sundown by Mary Pope Osborne
- Magic Tree House #11: Lions at Lunchtime by Mary Pope Osborne
- Magic Tree House #12: Polar Bears Past Bedtime by Mary Pope Osborne
- Bunnicula by James Howe
Challenge Result: FAIL!!