|Special Thanks to my Personal Faery Friend for the Button Art: Ye Olde Faery Shoppe|
During Fairy Tale Fridays, we had the opportunity to read the short tales, explore the longer ones, and even watch a film or two; therefore, in this challenge, we will be exploring any or all of the above, depending upon the level you wish to participate in. Let's take a look at the levels . . .
- Fairy (Level 1): Read 1 original tale. Read 1 modern tale. Watch 1 film. (Total of 3 selections.)
- Dwarf (Level 2): Read/watch any combination of original tales, modern tales, or films, resulting in 6 total selections.
- Royal Prince or Princess (Level 3): Read/watch any combination of original tales, modern tales, or films, resulting in 9 total selections.
- Happily Ever After (Level 4): Read/watch any combination of original tales, modern tales, or films, resulting in 12 total selections.
Here are a few other thoughts to share that may or may not be important to you . . .
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
- Selections can include any age level or genre, from picture books and classics to young adult and even graphic novels. Creativity is completely acceptable here!
- You do not need to determine your list of fairy tales. Go with what moves you at the time!
- You need not have participated in Fairy Tale Fridays to participate in the 2011 Fairy Tale Challenge. It is open to everyone interested!
- A blog is not required, but it is encouraged. You are also welcome to keep track of your selections via Goodreads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, or simply the comments section.
- Reviews are not required, but are encouraged . . . I just really want to hear your thoughts and recommendations on what you read! That is just me being selfish!
- A Mr. Linky will be posted at the beginning of every month for you to share your selections if you do choose to review them. Comments are also fine for sharing as well. You will be able to refer to the direct links to these posts on the sidebar for easy reference.
- You can overlap your choices with other challenges.
- Prizes and guest posts will randomly appear in the monthly review posts to share some fairy tale love with participants.
I think I have covered all of the details, but if you have additional questions, just comment below.
Where to go from here?
- Post about it on your blog, announcing which level you hope to achieve and linking back to this post. Feel free to grab the beautiful button art (courtesy of my own special fairy friend)!
- Post your direct link to your announcement post in the Mr. Linky below. If you have no blog, then post your profile to your social book network or announce in the comment section.
- Experience happily ever after in your choice of tales (or not, depending on the tale)!
- Come back during the month you read a selection and share it with us.
Welcome to the challenge and happy reading!