However, on the positive side, this is what I did actually get posted . . .
- Winners of the 3 Years, 3 Giveaways . . . two of the three prizes have already been shipped or received and the third is on its way tomorrow!
- Literary Locals: June 2010 . . . focusing on Laura Ingalls Wilder and the homes where she wrote the classic Little House books!
- Fairy Tale Fridays: Strega Nona . . . a welcome change to this weekly feature and a shift in the focus for the next few weeks!
What's on tap for this week? Well, to be honest, I am having a crazy, crazy week! For those who are not aware, I do work full-time at a local university and I am currently in the midst of new student orientations. It's a fun time of year, but I often get home later than usual and am exhausted from talking all day long!! I am also in the midst of organizing for a garage sale on Saturday morning. With these things in mind, I am going to try to take it a bit easy, work on more housekeeping issues thanks to Bloggiesta, and of course, read! Much of what you can expect here this week will cover much of what I missed last week . . .
- Armchair BEA: Wrap-Up Post & Personal Highlights
- The Stand Read-A-Long: The True Wrap-Up
- Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- Fairy Tale Fridays: The Boy Who Cried Wolf by Aesop
- Sunday Synopsis: June 13, 2010
I can't wrap-up the week without highlighting a couple of items from around the blogosphere . . .
- I discovered a new blog through a comment on one of my own Armchair BEA posts . . . The Bumbles Blog. And through this blog I discovered another idea or technique on coming up with content for your blog or on trying to cure writer's block. I encourage you to click on over to check it out!!
- Have I mentioned that Susan from The Book Chook has released Literacy Lava 5 yet? You have got to check out this FREE e-zine filled with tons of great tips and ideas for every parent, teacher, educator, grandparent, etc.
- Lastly, did you hear that Susan and I extended the deadline for The Book Chook Cook Book! I am getting some fabulous recipes for Cooking with Kids, but there is still time to submit your's!! This is going to one delicious read!!
That's it for now!! Hope you have a great rest of week and I will see you back here soon!!