Are you in need of a midnight snack for the read-a-thon?!?! If so, I have a quick and easy one for you that is a favorite at our house. In fact, my son won it for making it to 10 books today and I am eating the leftovers as I type this. (Oh crud, now it's all over my keyboard!!!) Oh well!! Enjoy!!
You simply only need 2 ingredients (or a third to spice things up a bit)!
1. One bag of white chocolate chips
2. One bag of microwaveable popcorn
1. Pop the bag of popcorn.
2. In a microwave, melt only 1/2 of the white chocolate chips. (That's right, you can get two batches out of that one bag!!) I recommend doing this in 15-30 second intervals.
3. Once melted, pour over the popcorn and stir thoroughly, though chunks of the melted chips make for a delightful surprise too!
4. If you so desire, add some sprinkles. We did!! In the picture below, we are sticking with the season and have orange pumpkins and black bats!
My husband was just dropping hints about popcorn (he's watching Star Wars with the kids).ReplyDelete
Off to see if I have any white choc bits.
That sounds delicious! Happy Reading!ReplyDelete
I would never have considered that recipe. Yummy :-)ReplyDelete
Good luck with the last stretch of the readathon! I'm sure you'll do great :-)
UMMMMMMM that sounds delicious!ReplyDelete
I'm checking in 9 hours late :) What a yummy snack. I'm definitely going to make this today on my lazy sunday of reading.ReplyDelete
Susan @ Reading Upside Down . . . I hope you had some! This treat is SWEET!! :)ReplyDelete
Trisha . . . Thanks!
Aarti . . . It is definitely yummy and recommended!! Thanks for the cheers!
Leslie . . . It IS!!
Bella . . . Hope you enjoy!!!
That looks like definite yum! And with sprinkles? Perfect!ReplyDelete
Yum yum yum! I am soooo making that some day. Soon. ;)ReplyDelete
Meg . . . the sprinkles are the perfect touch!!ReplyDelete
heidenkind . . . Hope you have already had some since I am replying so late!! :)