Giveaways: My current giveaways are awesome children's books from Sylven Dell Publishing! You do NOT want to miss out on these!!Books Received: This is my list of books that I have received, all from a variety of sources. I have noted the sources in paratheses.
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg (library)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (audio)
- Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure The World by Tracy Kidder (page 9 of 301)
Reviews to Come:
- Wait Until Twilight by Sang Pak
- Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
- The Little Island by Golden MacDonald and Leonard Weisgard
- Black and White by David Macauley
- Mei Li by Thomas Handforth
- Moose and Magpie by Bettina Restrepo
- Count Down to Fall by Fran Hawk
- Mother Osprey: Nursery Rhymes for Buoys & Gulls by Lucy Nolan
- What's New At The Zoo?: An Animal Adding Adventure by Suzanne Slade
- Crossroads by Chris Grabenstein
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Rocky Mountain Snow Ghosts by Patti Hurst
- Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
- Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary
- Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Survival of the Fittest by Jonathan Kellerman
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- S is for Save the Planet by Brad Herzog
- Moose, Bear and Hummingbird by Susan Tone, Gabriel D'Luzansky, and Mary Delaney
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- The Ugly Duckling by Jerry Pinkney
- Mesmeric Revelation by Edgar Allen Poe (Poe Fridays)
- Kristen has officially launched her Re-Read Challenge over at We Be Reading!!!!! For all of you who are like me (i.e., love to own every book s/he reads, but may never read it more than once!), now is your chance to appreciate and love those books one more time! I will have an official post coming soon. I'm very, very excited about this one!!
- Over at Alexia's Books and Such, she started the conversation, Reviews: Short & Sweet or Long & Detailed? It made me begin thinking about what my readers prefer! I tend to go more for the long side, but will occasionally write shorter versions. (Maybe this is why I'm so stinkin' behind in my reviews these days?!?!) I encourage all you fellow bloggers to join in the conversation! Besides, I'm curious what you have to say as well!
- My Friend Amy educated us and confessed her own love in My Name is Amy and I Read YA. Do you read YA? I do and love them!!
- Yep, once again, my updates have not been posted! I made a decision this last week that will affect the way they are launched and therefore, created more work for myself!! For all of you subscribers out there, I want to apologize upfront. I am going to be importing some information this week and posting some things from past dates. You may become inundated with posts when I do this, but please bear with me. All this talk is enough! It's time to walk the walk!!
- I have decided to make this a weekly post. It helps me to motivate and organize myself. If you would like to join in, please feel free to do so. Just remember to comment so I don't miss out on your weekly synopsis!
Post a Comment
Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.
Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.