Giveaways: My current giveaways are awesome children's books from Sylven Dell Publishing! You do NOT want to miss out on these!!Books Received: This is my list of books that I have received, all from a variety of sources. I have noted the sources in paratheses.
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg (library)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (audio)
- Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure The World by Tracy Kidder (page 9 of 301)
Reviews to Come:
- Wait Until Twilight by Sang Pak
- Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
- The Little Island by Golden MacDonald and Leonard Weisgard
- Black and White by David Macauley
- Mei Li by Thomas Handforth
- Moose and Magpie by Bettina Restrepo
- Count Down to Fall by Fran Hawk
- Mother Osprey: Nursery Rhymes for Buoys & Gulls by Lucy Nolan
- What's New At The Zoo?: An Animal Adding Adventure by Suzanne Slade
- Crossroads by Chris Grabenstein
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Rocky Mountain Snow Ghosts by Patti Hurst
- Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
- Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary
- Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Survival of the Fittest by Jonathan Kellerman
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- S is for Save the Planet by Brad Herzog
- Moose, Bear and Hummingbird by Susan Tone, Gabriel D'Luzansky, and Mary Delaney
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- The Ugly Duckling by Jerry Pinkney
- Mesmeric Revelation by Edgar Allen Poe (Poe Fridays)
- Kristen has officially launched her Re-Read Challenge over at We Be Reading!!!!! For all of you who are like me (i.e., love to own every book s/he reads, but may never read it more than once!), now is your chance to appreciate and love those books one more time! I will have an official post coming soon. I'm very, very excited about this one!!
- Over at Alexia's Books and Such, she started the conversation, Reviews: Short & Sweet or Long & Detailed? It made me begin thinking about what my readers prefer! I tend to go more for the long side, but will occasionally write shorter versions. (Maybe this is why I'm so stinkin' behind in my reviews these days?!?!) I encourage all you fellow bloggers to join in the conversation! Besides, I'm curious what you have to say as well!
- My Friend Amy educated us and confessed her own love in My Name is Amy and I Read YA. Do you read YA? I do and love them!!
- Yep, once again, my updates have not been posted! I made a decision this last week that will affect the way they are launched and therefore, created more work for myself!! For all of you subscribers out there, I want to apologize upfront. I am going to be importing some information this week and posting some things from past dates. You may become inundated with posts when I do this, but please bear with me. All this talk is enough! It's time to walk the walk!!
- I have decided to make this a weekly post. It helps me to motivate and organize myself. If you would like to join in, please feel free to do so. Just remember to comment so I don't miss out on your weekly synopsis!