Guests Posts: Once again, I highly recommend that you check out the entire guest roll over at the original post; however, here is a few of my favorite thoughts from the day.
- Eeny, Meeny, Miney, May: Which Book Do I Choose Today? by Valerie at The Almost Librarian: Valerie provides a wonderful list of recommended reads for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Besides this list, I loved her recommendation to "keep a running list of favorite books or authors" to take with you to the library or bookstore. "This cuts down on the stress during the scenario where you're standing nearauthor letter "K" while your two year old iscreating a flood under the water fountain and your four year old is pulling down every Thomas the Tank Engine video on the shelf - you need a few books, you need them right this very second and all of a sudden you cannot recall a single author that you like." Seriously, has Valerie seen me at the library before?!?! :)
- Read-alikes and Book Lists by Sarah at The Reading Zone: Have you ever read a book, loved it, and wanted to read something along the same lines? This is the link for you!!! Sarah provides some great links for young adult/teen titles in particular and provides some recommendations of her own. This is one you will want to bookmark and refer to often!
- Helping Kids Choose Books: Select books according to how your child will use them.
- ReadKiddoRead: Ever popular author James Patterson and his mission to make kids readers for life. Includes book lists for a variety of age ranges.
- 20 Ways to Incorporate Literacy Into Your Own Kids' Lives: Check out Valerie's ideas and then feel free to read a couple of my personal past posts about Sorting and Roaming Around the Known.
Share a Story-Shape a Future image created by Elizabeth O. Dulemba