- Open to anyone, whether you have a blog or not!
- No need to register or to announce what you are going to read.
- Start in any category that you wish.
- 3 books from this reading challenge can be used in other reading challenges.
- Just post in the comment section.
- The genre of the books can be ANYTHING (fiction or non-fiction), but it must be decent (because you have to write reviews about the books).
- Other reading materials (graphic novels, poetry, museum catalogs, art books, zines etc.) are OK.
- The book must already be in your bookcase or storage area.
- The Challenge starts 12/27/08 to 12/27/09. (I hate to begin anything on January 1st).
You can post starting on 12/27/08.
- Format of work can be paper, audio, or electronic.
There are 9 categories to this challenge. I have posted the categories (see the website for details on these categories) and which books I am reading for each below. Once complete, I will add the link.
- Long: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Free: Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire
- Dusty: Sounds of the River by Da Chen
- Used: The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- Letter: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Strange: American Indian Myths and Legends selected and edited by Richard Erdoes and Alfonso Ortiz
- Distance: The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
- Alive or Not: The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Cover: Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
UPDATE: Did not read even one of these books this year!! Sad, I know!