- Open to anyone, whether you have a blog or not!
- No need to register or to announce what you are going to read.
- Start in any category that you wish.
- 3 books from this reading challenge can be used in other reading challenges.
- Just post in the comment section.
- The genre of the books can be ANYTHING (fiction or non-fiction), but it must be decent (because you have to write reviews about the books).
- Other reading materials (graphic novels, poetry, museum catalogs, art books, zines etc.) are OK.
- The book must already be in your bookcase or storage area.
- The Challenge starts 12/27/08 to 12/27/09. (I hate to begin anything on January 1st).
You can post starting on 12/27/08.
- Format of work can be paper, audio, or electronic.
There are 9 categories to this challenge. I have posted the categories (see the website for details on these categories) and which books I am reading for each below. Once complete, I will add the link.
- Long: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Free: Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire
- Dusty: Sounds of the River by Da Chen
- Used: The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- Letter: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Strange: American Indian Myths and Legends selected and edited by Richard Erdoes and Alfonso Ortiz
- Distance: The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
- Alive or Not: The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Cover: Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
UPDATE: Did not read even one of these books this year!! Sad, I know!
Post a Comment
Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.
Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.