I read 66 total books. (You can see the full list here.) Of these books, 26 were audiobooks and 8 were re-reads. I track all of my books in Goodreads, and that dear tracking tells me that all of those books equaled a total of 17,451 pages. My goal was to read 75 total books, so I did fall a bit short this year. Considering the year that I had, I am not surprised and am thankful for reading a whopping 66 total books! After much thought, I am going to keep my goal of 75 books for 2018. I'm feeling pretty hopeful that this will be my year to get this number once again.
I really did not share a lot of my books here this past year, so I intend to do so with a handful of my favorite reads in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I do want to share with you my best 9 books of the year.
In no specific order, I give you my top 9 faves of 2017:
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley
- March by John Lewis
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Ms. Marvel #3: Crushed by G. Willow Wilson
Finally, I leave you with my 9 pictures with the most likes over on Instagram. Do you see a theme here?
YOUR TURN: What were some of your best moments, books, pictures of 2017? Are there any books that I MUST add to my list of books to read this year?