Let's start with the promise I made last week with sharing my current reads. The last few weeks, I have found myself dabbling in so many books. I am finding it a task to focus on one book these days, so I am jumping between a number of reads. I think it will be easier to just share with you the long list of books that I am in the midst of . . .
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (This is my current read with my kids. We each take turns picking the next read, and this is the book that my son desired.)
- The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog by Bruce D. Perry (A book study for work.)
- A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley (The third Flavia de Luce novel, and my current audiobook. I hope to finish it this week.)
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume 1 by Arthur Conan Doyle (I simply could not put Sherlock aside quite yet.)
- Dead Wake by Erik Larson (A recent book club read that I was supposed to finish last month, but have not yet had the opportunity.)
- The Brothers Grimm: 101 Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm (I like the option of picking up a few short stories these days.)
- Play Therapy by Virginia M. Axline (Another read related to work. One that I started too long ago.)
- Symphony for the City of the Dead by M.T. Anderson (All I can claim on this one is that I am currently a distracted reader.)
- A friend's unnamed manuscript (A fun read that I hope to finish within the next week.)
Nine books!! I'm telling you it is ridiculous! I'm used to having three books going at one time ... an audio, a print, and one with the kids, but this is just too much! I'm thinking I need to get it back to the usual three books.
Also, I completely dropped the ball on all the #ReadSherlock giveaways. In fact, I even forgot to contact the winners on a couple of them until now. Here's a quick recap on the winners . . .
Did You Miss Me Journals: Kami & Jonnie
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Word Cloud Edition: Marie
Be sure to check your email if you see your name on the list. Then, email me back within the time limit mentioned. I hope to have all prizes sent out no later than Saturday!
I will close with all that goodness.
What are you currently reading these days? How many books do you usually read at once?