Hey guys! It's Vasilly and I'm the newest host for the the Graphic Novels Challenge. I want to thank Nymeth and Chris for keeping this challenge going strong for the rest of us in 2010. This was one of the challenges that Dewey started and I'm happy to see that it's still going on years later.
So the rules are basically still the same:
- The challenge starts January 1, 2011 and ends December 31, 2011. You can start anytime you want to especially if you want to start early.
- The level of participation: Beginner (3 comics or graphic novels),Intermediate (3-10 books), or Expert (10+)
- Overlaps with other challenges is definitely okay
- Re-reads count
- Feel free to post your list at any time
One of the things that will change is mini-challenges. I don't think I'm going to have them this year but I will host a monthly spotlight on one book or author every month. I'm also hoping to feature a guest post every month along with monthly prizes. So sign up!
I am so excited to join the 2011 Graphic Novels Challenge this year! I have been wanting to pick up more and more graphic novels these days and I am going to use it this year to explore and give myself a break from some upcoming chunksters that are on my reading plan.
I am going to go with the Intermediate Level (3-10 books) and will list them as I read them. I also plan to review them as I can and will link them up when available.
- The Good Neighbors #1: Kin by Holly Black
- The Good Neighbors #2: Kith by Holly Black
- The Good Neighbors #3: Kind by Holly Black
- Ghostopolis by Douglas TenNapel
- Bone #1: Out From Boneville by Jeff Smith
- Blankets by Craig Thompson
- Fables #1: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham
- Fables #2: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi
- Bone #2: The Great Cow Race by Jeff Smith
- Bone #3: Eyes of the Storm by Jeff Smith
- Bone #4: The Dragonslayer by Jeff Smith
- Bone #5: Rock Jaw: Master of the Easter Border by Jeff Smith
- Bone #6: Old Man's Cave by Jeff Smith
- Fractured Fables by Various Authors
- Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz interpreted by Eric Shanower
- Bad Island by Doug TenNapel
- The Olympians #1: Zeus by George O'Connor
- The Olympians #2: Athena by George O'Connor
Challenge Result: COMPLETED!